ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gtld-council] Updated dates for consideration: PDP Dec 05

• To: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] Updated dates for consideration: PDP Dec 05
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:38:36 -0400

Hi,

I would just like to point out that it may require more then meeting per week to get finished. We can use part of the Thursday meeting to figure out exactly what needs to be completed in order to meet these dates.

thanks
a.

On 26 jun 2007, at 13.05, Liz Williams wrote:

Colleagues

I have put together some dates which may be helpful to the group in preparing the next stage of the work plan. You will see that we have a lot to cover in a very short time frame if we are to have ready a Board Report for consideration around the LA meeting in late October.

If we are to have a Board Report ready for consideration at the LA meeting then we, working backwards, need to:

1. Have the Board Report ready and in the General Counsel's hands 11 days prior to the 2 Nov Board meeting -- 22 October

2. Internal sign off and final check 14 days prior to preparation of Board Report -- 8 October

3. 20 day public comment period on GNSO Council Final Report -- allowing time for inclusion of results in the Final Report say 30 days -- 8 September public comment period needs to start. Public comments will be included in the Board Report.

4. Final Report will need to be with Council 7 days prior to the meeting to vote on it -- release 1 September (Part A, Part B, draft RFP, draft base contract and draft implementation plan) and meeting 7 September

5. That means we need to complete the final negotiations of the Committee by, at the latest, 10 August.

The first 4 dates are fixed in either the bylaws or the board reporting guidelines.

I suggest that we schedule, after Thursday this week, 2 more Committee conference calls to wrap up last details. I suggest Thursday 5 and 12 July at 2pm Brussels time. I will also hold other dates -- 19 July and 27 July. I will need a period of time to complete the writing and release the Council Report without ongoing negotiation.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy