ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] modifications to new gTLD recommendations #3 and 6

  • To: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] modifications to new gTLD recommendations #3 and 6
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 09:01:16 -0400

Thanks Bruce. It seems to me that the focus you add on the dispute
process rather than the overall selection process is helpful.

In San Juan someone mentioned to me that the word "enforceable" may be
not be too helpful because it would be difficult to determine
enforceability.  That makes sense to me.  It might be better to simply
say, "legal rights to a particular string that are generally accepted
under internationally recognized principles of law".

Chuck Gomes