ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

Re: [gtld-council] Recommendation 20

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] Recommendation 20
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:07:26 -0400

hi,

On 17 jul 2007, at 15.05, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

It seems to me that this wording for IG P might change the process from
what we envisioned.  This would put ICANN in a role of determining
whether or not 'substantial opposition' existed, something that I
believe we wanted the expert panel to do.  After I look at all the
comments made so far on this, I will try to take another crack at
rewording.  I think we are going in the right direction.

can you also may look at moving some of the definitions Philip suggested from the recommendation to 20? I only thought of doing that after i had already sent the message out, but on rereading the new recommended 20 and on considering to add an implementation guideline, they struck me as more Implementation guideline then policy.