ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] Updated recommendation table - new IGP (h)

  • To: "Mawaki Chango" <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>, "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] Updated recommendation table - new IGP (h)
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:02:26 -0400

I want to express my personal appreciation for all the excellent thought
and constructive suggestions that have gone into Recommendation 20 and
IG P.  In my opinion, it has been one of the toughest areas to allow for
disputes because it is not possible to tie it to existing law; at the
same time, I believe that it is necessary to allow a process for
objections of this nature.  We probably will see some pushback on what
we end up with but I think we would encounter even more pushback if we
didn't try to address the needs that rec. 20 and IG P are intended to
cover.

That said, I want to say that I think that Kristina's wording looks
quite good to me.  I will defer to the legal experts as to whether
"likelihood" creates too much subjectivity. We certainly want to
minimize subjectively as much as possible but I think that it is not
possible to accomplish that entirely, especially in this case.

Chuck Gomes