ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] Updated recommendation table - new IGP (h)

  • To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] Updated recommendation table - new IGP (h)
  • From: Mawaki Chango <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:03:18 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe the fact that "verifiable" might not apply to a certain
category may not be a sufficient reason to rule it out. Why not
cater for both by just adding an alternate qualifier to
"verifiable" addressing RyC's concern/wish by the same token?
Building on the active form proposed by Kristina, something
like:

The objector must provide verifiable or supported(1) evidence to
allow the panel to determine that there would be a detriment,
and the extent thereof(2), to the rights or legitimate interests
of the community or to the users more widely.

(1) please, if such thing is available, replace by an adjective
that would suit (also) the case of prospective detriment or
rather actual detriment whose _effects_ will become _material_
only in the future.
(2) I think evidence is needed not only to establish detriment,
but the extent of such detriment 9may be replaced by a better
wording if not Ok.)

Mawaki