ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gtld-council] agenda for new gtld mtg - monday aug 6 - proposed

• To: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] agenda for new gtld mtg - monday aug 6 - proposed
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 22:34:23 +0200

Hi,

During the meeting we decided to delete the text in the footnotes and refer to the full text (a xref in the html version) that is and will continue to be included in the appendices of A. The decision was based on readability, since a footnote that was over a page long was just too problematic.

a.

On 6 aug 2007, at 22.21, Robin Gross wrote:

To help with the readability of the report, we would be okay with i) shortening our comment on #20 by deleting the beginning of the text that just recites the text of Rec. #20, and ii) moving the NCUC statement to the back of Part A. But we believe that it is important for it to not be moved to Part B of the report, since we do not agree with recommendations and need to explain why in Part A.

Thanks,
Robin

Avri Doria wrote:

hi,

i would personally be comfortable with seeing a specific cross reference to the location in B for my comments. i can, however, understand why someone might want to have their comments inline, or at least a local footnote. perhaps if they were done as end notes - in the same document but in the back.

a.

On 6 aug 2007, at 15.13, Rosette, Kristina wrote:

It seems preferable to me that
the full text of these statrements be in Part B with footnotes in Part A that state the existence of concerns or minority report on a particular point and specific page references to their location in Part B. Another alternative, which I do not prefer ( because I do not believe it would be equally effective), is to include a very clear explanation as to why these statements are in Part A - and not Part B - and textual "markers" on the pages consisting of or containing primarily minority statements or other concerns.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy