Newbie questions about TLD
- To: gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Newbie questions about TLD
- From: "Bravo Wijayadi \(PERSONAL\)" <bravo.wijayadi@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:33:58 -0800 (PST)
Actually I am not from any organizations nor any companies, but I have ever had
a random idea of making a new TLD. And somehow I read in your website that
ICANN is currently opening a new application for generic TLD (what a
coincidence). There are some questions I would like to ask, and since I don't
really know who to ask, so maybe you may help to enlighten me:
1. Does TLD means those last suffix such as ".com", ".biz", ".info"?
2. Since reading those long explanations blows my head off, I would like to
know, does the "draft applicant" mean that anybody can have an opportunity of
opening a new TLD? Such as, maybe, ".you", ".me", ".what", or everything else?
3. Actually, what is the main "advantage" or "profit" of opening a new TLD? Can
I take (big) profit from it?
Sorry for asking such nuisance questions. I am just a curious guy in a world
full of curiousity. Who knows I might be able to open a new TLD...
Thanks & Regards,
Bravo Wijayadi (Mr.)