ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-guide]

Answer to Newbie Questions

  • To: gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Answer to Newbie Questions
  • From: "Dale Craig" <dalecraig@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:35:24 -0800 (PST)

To Mr. Bravo Wijayadi (Newbie Questions):
Question: 1. Does TLD mean those last suffix such as ".com", ".biz", ".info"?
Answer: Yes

Question: 2. Since reading those long explanations blows my head off, I would
like to
know, does the "draft applicant" mean that anybody can have an opportunity of
opening a new TLD? Such as, maybe, ".you", ".me", ".what", or everything else?
Answer: Yes, but probably not .me or .you. Most likely you will need to exceed 3
characters (2 characters for sure).

Question: 3. Actually, what is the main "advantage" or "profit" of opening a new
TLD? Can
I take (big) profit from it?
Answer: Of course you can. If you apply for and are awarded .Wijayadi then you
will
be able to sell 2nd level domain names such as Bravo.Wijayadi just the same as
the
guys that manage .com and allow you to register Wijayadi.com.

Dale Craig
22d.com
954-599-3253