ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Considering 'dot-xxx' domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Considering 'dot-xxx' domain
  • From: bootsfamily@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:13:11 -0400 (EDT)

Andrea Boots
504 Oakhill Drive
Denton, TX 76201-0870

April 1, 2010

ICANN Options

 ICANN Options:

Please reconsider adding the 'dot-xxx' domain to internet web addresses.
We don't want or need any more access to internet porn in our world. This
is an industry that has done nothing positive and a lot of negative for
our world. Studies show that men who view pornography tend to become more
violent toward women and children and are more likely to abuse women
sexually. Even more, this industry has contributed to the failures of
marriages all across our country. I hate that it exists at all, but as
that seems unchangeable, let's at least do as little as possible to help
it make its way into our homes. I believe that honoring the pornography
industry with its own web domain will further advance the distribution of
this harmful material to young men and women and boys and girls. Don't do
this, please. Thank you for taking the time to listen.

Sincerely,

Andrea Boots