ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

.XXX Domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .XXX Domain
  • From: Kinu Grove <kinugrove@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:10:05 -0500

Dear Members of the Board of ICANN:

As someone that has suffered greatly from the negatives of porn I ask that
you faith fully consider this an do not create a .xxx domain.

It may look like a good solution at first but only creates more space for
porn on the web. If all current porn sites are not required to switch to
.xxx and any new porn sites are are only allowed under this .xxx then there
may be a reason. We all know this could not be enforced and would not happen
even if tried.

The amount of time wasted and people hurt by the negatives side effects of
the porn industry and related addictions/illegal business is only growing
and now becoming an epidemic problem all over the world. A .xxx domain would
only serve to feed this problem.

Please do not move forward on this it will only lead to more problems and no
solutions.

Thank you for reading this.

Kinu Grove
Waterloo Ontario Canada