ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

dot-xxx

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: dot-xxx
  • From: "Tom Nichols" <tnichols@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:46:36 -0400

I am writing to register my strong opposition to the establishment of a dot-xxx
domain for pornography.  Porn is not First-Amendment-protected speech, never
has been, and should never be.  That it is so rarely prosecuted is evidence of
the moral decline of our judicial system.  Establishment of a dot-xxx domain
would only serve to legitimize porn and spread an already epidemic scourge
within our culture, resulting in addictions, family breakdowns, sexual
promiscuity, and its resultant destruction (physically and emotionally)of lives
and relationships.

Please, NO dot-xxx domain!  Not now, not ever.

Thank you for considering my opinion,
Judy Nichols
Mansfield, Ohio