ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Please Do Not Support the Creation of a XXX Domain

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please Do Not Support the Creation of a XXX Domain
  • From: Stephanie Luck <smluck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:01:29 -0400

Dear Members of the Board of ICANN:

It has come to my attention that you are considering a proposal that would
establish a .XXX domain to house pornographic material on the internet.  I
strongly urge you to vote against the proposal.

Pornography causes harm to those who participate in producing it and
watching it; however, the research also suggests that pornography
contributes to violence against women and children, general aggression,
family breakdown, and a variety of other social problems.  If it decides
to create a special domain for pornographic material, ICANN is supporting
the production and use of such material and is guaranteeing its spread to
new audiences around the world.  I would ask you to carefully consider the
materials presented on websites such as www.pornharms.com and
www.socialcostsofpornography.org/ before voting.

Once again, I strongly urge you to vote against the proposal.

A concerned citizen,

Stephanie Luck, Esq.