ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

.XXX

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .XXX
  • From: James Autry <jmstry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:40:06 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Sir:

I am very concerned that you are considering making pornography more readily
available through creating the .XXX domain.  The lies about sexuality and the
exploitation of men and women that the porn industry so readily promotes
certainly do not merit a separate domain.  There are plenty of sites already
which cause enough difficulty in enforcing obscenity laws, so why create a
domain just for them?  It does not seem helpful in any way.  It would be the
opening of another Pandora's box that will bring greater harm to our society
and nation.

Please do not create such a domain.

Yours truly,

James J. Autry