ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I vote NO to the creation of a XXX domain

  • To: "Members of the Board" <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I vote NO to the creation of a XXX domain
  • From: "David Onufrock" <donufrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:11:07 -0500

Members of the Board

As a father of 2 young children, I want to voice my complete opposition to this
proposed solution of creating a new internet .XXX domain.  The increasing
damage done to families--adults and children alike--because of the ease of
access to and the propagation of pornography is already too extensive in my
opinion.  Furthering this unhealthy disease will only result in more harm.

Neither ICANN nor the company urging the establishment of this new domain are
arguing that the .XXX domain would clean up the .COM domain and require all
pornographers to move to .XXX.  The .COM domain is a cash cow for pornographers
and they are not leaving it.  ICANN has no enforcement powers to make them
leave and thus clean up .COM.  Pornographers would simply expand to .XXX and
maintain their current .COM sites, perhaps doubling the number of porn sites
and doubling their menace to society.

Please do not create a .XXX domain.

Sincerely,

David Onufrock