ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Domain for porn

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Domain for porn
  • From: Leah Farish <leahfarish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 16:02:38 -0500

As a practicing civil rights attorney for 25 years, I object to the creation of an XXX domain. It is naive to think that all porn would migrate away from .com sites; instead you are doubling the availability. Why not simply enforce the laws we have? Internet porn is damaging not only purveyors, actors, and consumers, but also innocent victims of those who feed on it. Let's not create a safe harbor for this type of pollution. Regards, LF