ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Special .XXX Domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Special .XXX Domain
  • From: Nicholas Crowther <njfmcrowther@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 00:15:24 +0000

I understand ICANN is again considering whether to establish a .xxx internet
domain for pornography.

I believe the pornography that is so freely available online is incredibly
damaging for families and children.  Most parents are trying to filter this
rubbish to protect themselves and their families.

The establishment of the .xxx domain would not result in pornographers leaving
the .com domain because it is too much of a cash cow for them.  A .xxx domain
would therefore not provide any help to parents trying to appropriately filter
their internet connection.

A .xxx domain would simply legitimise the pornography industry as it seeks to
make its wares more accessible, acceptable and mainstream.  A .xxx domain would
increase the amount of pornography on the internet and make it much more easily
available.

Please do not approve this proposal.

Nick Crowther
+ 61 (0) 7 4696 8551
5 Greenway Court
HIGHFIELDS QLD 4352
AUSTRALIA
If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK. Australia's #1 job site
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157639755/direct/01/