ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I Oppose the .XXX Domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I Oppose the .XXX Domain
  • From: Cornel TerreBlanche <blondie__777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:57:27 +0000

Dear Members of the Board of ICANN: I am writing to urge you to kill
the proposal of the .XXX domain. In addition to strong opposition from
both sides of the argument, this new domain would only increase the
amount of pornography available on the Web, easing accessibility to
hard core pornography to minors and adults alike. Pornography is a
widespread, ever-growing crisis, polluting the minds of its viewers and
negatively changing attitudes towards women and children. Please do NOT
participate in the destruction of marriages, the abuse of children, and
the demise of our culture.A more appropriate goal should be to STOP the
distribution of this destructive material by prosecuting those
responsible for it, not to protect pornography on the .XXX
domain.Again, please kill the proposal of the .XXX domain.
Please consider the effects of pornography on those you know! It is NOT
harmless. It ruins lives.
Think of the children.
Thanks,
Cornel