ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

We still Oppose the .XXX Domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: We still Oppose the .XXX Domain
  • From: "Mark & Dawn Hancock" <mah1985@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:15:21 -0400

Dear Members of the Board of ICANN:

Adding this new .XXX domain would only increase the amount of pornography
available on the Web, easing accessibility to hard core pornography to minors
and adults alike. Furthermore, pornography is illegal in the USA. Giving it a
new domain will not increase the likelihood that it will be increasingly
prosecuted. It is a widespread, ever-growing crisis, polluting the minds of its
viewers and negatively changing attitudes towards women and children. Please do
NOT participate in the destruction of marriages, the abuse of children, and the
demise of our culture.

As a governmental agency (in charge of protecting the people of our country), a
more helpful project would be to encourage the prosecution of those responsible
for pornography , not to protecting it on the .XXX domain.