ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

There is only one option. Approve .xxx without further delays.

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: There is only one option. Approve .xxx without further delays.
  • From: Michael <mjermyn22@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:48:25 -0600

Dear ICANN,

I am writing to urge the ICANN Board to abide by the declaration of the
Independent Review Panel and to enter into a registry agreement with ICM
without further delay.

Failure to comply with the Independent Review Panels decision will demonstrate
that ICANN has no meaningful commitment to its own bylaws or to the wider
Internet community ICANN was designed to serve.

ICANN has a responsibility to preserve the integrity of its procedures and its
long-term credibility as the manager of the domain name system.  Further, ICANN
must adhere to fair, objective, and non- discriminatory treatment of the people
with whom it does business.  Immediately allowing ICM to proceed with the
launch of the sTLD will be a pivotal moment in ICANNs efforts to improve
institutional confidence.

I hope you will listen to me and to the global Internet community that supports
ICANN's mandate to promote innovation and to uphold the highest standards of
fairness, transparency, and accountability.  Adherence to this mandate is
critical for an organization that operates in an environment of public trust.

And I trust you will make the responsible choice by approving .xxx now.

Michael