ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I do NOT support .xxx

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I do NOT support .xxx
  • From: Ms Naughty <msnaughty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:39:28 +1000

This may be the third time I've registered my disapproval of .xxx
I'm an adult webmaster and have made my living online for the last 10 years.
I do NOT support the creation of a .xxx domain as it will
a. Make it easier for governments to censor adult material
b. Create a ghetto for legal adult speech
c. Create a monopoly for ICM registry to make money.

I do NOT want to own a .xxx domain but I've been forced to register with
these people to ensure I can own the domains associated with my business
should this terrible idea finally go ahead. I have no intention of using the
.xxx domain but I felt obliged to register my intellectual property to
prevent others from misuing it.

This should in no way be taken as an indication of support for .xxx or ICM
registry.

Ms Naughty