ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Stop the addition of the internet .XXX domain

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Stop the addition of the internet .XXX domain
  • From: Phil Meisinger <hpmize16@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 11:34:38 -0500

I am writing to voice my opposition to the addition of the .XXX domain
designation for pornographers.  It appears that more adults are becoming
comfortable with the hidden indescretion of internet porn.  In an article in
the online Tech Mission, more than 70% of men from age 18-34 view pornography
in a month.(comScore Media Metrix).  10% of adults admit to Internet sexual
addiction and 28% of these are women.(internet-filter-review.com)

I am a self-confessed sexual addict in recovery.  I know how easy it is to give
in to the urge to view porn online.  It ruined a marriage to a wonderful woman.
 Why make it easier to find the porn sites on the internet through the
proliferation of said sites by designating a special .XXX domain?

I am asking that you do not increase the ability of the Porn industry to
further stuff their pockets with money while ripping the fragile social fabric
of families and exploiting women and children.

Phil Meisinger