ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Stop Pornography-Do Not Expand it

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Stop Pornography-Do Not Expand it
  • From: "Wanda Roam" <retiredyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 11:48:18 -0500

Adding a .XXX domain for viewing of pornography will only expand the
availability of this demeaning and destructive addiction which is invading and
harming individuals and family relationships daily.

I have personal knowledge of the destructive nature of pornography on
relationships in marriage.  The viewing of pornography corrupts the mind and
implants images on the brain that hinders the ability for a man to have a
personal and intimate relationship with his spouse.  It can create
self-loathing, guilt and anger to brew inside the person who finds themselves
trapped in this type of addiction, which can present itself in harmful ways.

We need to be protecting our boys and girls from a destructive, violent and
demoralizing culture rather than promoting it.  I strongly oppose the added
.XXX domain, and I am asking for stricter controls on the already easily
accessed viewing on the .com domain.  We owe the next generation the
protections from psychological, spiritual and physical harms pornography
causes. Greed and lust are very destructive character flaws, and that is what
is being promoted by our generation now though the business of pornography.
The adults need to be taking a stand and living and modeling responsible moral
lives which the generation coming after us will want to emulate.

Sincerely,

Wanda Roam
Jefferson City, MO