ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

I support option 3 (adopt findings of dissent)

  • To: "icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx" <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I support option 3 (adopt findings of dissent)
  • From: Peter Acworth <p_acworth@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 11:03:49 -0700

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Peter Acworth and I am the CEO/owner of kink.com, a San Francisco
based adult entertainment company with about 100 employees.

I am firmly against the concept of a .xxx TLD!   If .xxx were approved, I would
have to buy hundreds of .xxx domains in order to protect the brands my company
has already established.  In many cases, this would involve the very expensive
process of having to wrestle the domains away from cyber squatters (people who
have bought the domain purely to redirect traffic to the .com equivalent or
those who have bought the domain purely to sell it to us).

The sponsor behind the .xxx TLD claims that the concept has adult industry
support, and he has based this argument on the number of pre-registrations of
.xxx domains.  The reality is that these pre-registrations come from
cyber-squatters looking to cash in, and adult companies pre-registering out of
necessity as insurance in case .xxx becomes a reality.

Please let me assure you that a .xxx TLD does NOT have industry support,
certainly not from kink.com, and certainly not from any other adult industry
professional I am aware of.

Thank you very much for listening to my comments.

Yours truly,

Peter Acworth