ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Deny .XXX sTLD

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Deny .XXX sTLD
  • From: Brad TFFI Productions LLC <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:34:50 -0400

As a producer in the adult entertainment industry, my business' foundation
is internet based. If ICM's application were granted and a .XXX sTLD were to
be created it would negatively impact my business. Also it would put ICANN
in the position of creating an entity to impose regulations and policy for
the adult entertainment community-a situation that could easily stifle what
is now a robust adult entertainment internet presence.

I do not support the creation of a .XXX sTLD and believe that the ICANN
Board was well within its rights to deny ICM's application in the 2007 Board
meeting in Lisbon.

It is imperative that ICANN consider the widespread opposition from the
adult entertainment community to a .XXX sTLD as it makes its decision. For
that reason, I support Option # 3 of the March 26, 2010 process options
submitted by ICANN for public comment.

BE Smith
--
TFFI Productions, LLC