ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Deny .XXX sTLD

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Deny .XXX sTLD
  • From: Necropolis Creations <necropolis.creations@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 17:57:12 -0400

I do not support the creation of a .XXX sTLD and believe that the ICANN
Board was well within its rights to deny ICM's application in the 2007 Board
meeting in Lisbon.

Stuart Lawley is an outsider to the online adult entertainment industry and
has publicly shown scorn and contempt for this industry.  His whole
motivation is for control and regulation as well as huge profitable gains
from a multi-billion dollar industry that has no interest whatsoever in this
TLD.

As an independent marketer of online adult entertainment products, this TLD
would have a negative impact on my business and open the door to
cyber-squatters to infringe upon my trademarks.   As an owner of 100s of
domains, I have no desire whatsoever to purchase .xxx tld from Stuart
"Slimebag" Lawley at $60+ each per yr.

.xxx is the gateway to internet censorship and defies net neutrality, all
under the control of Stuart Lawley and IFFOR, an organization whoms very
name insinuates that the online adult entertainment is irresponsible.

Mr Lawley is clearly deceptive and dishonest when he claims to have support
for this sTLD and to date I don't believe he has shown one single piece of
evidence of support from any person, entity, group or business associated
and IN the online adult entertainment industry.

ICANN should again deny this .tld and be done with it once and for all as it
is VERY CLEAR that Lawley has NO SUPPORT from the industry which he is
hellbent on destroying.