ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Against .xxx

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Against .xxx
  • From: "webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 22:46:41 +0200

Hello

I have worked for the last 10 years in the adult online industry, I own about 900 domains out of which about 800 would be classified as .xxx. The introduction of .xxx would potentially be an economical disaster for me, as well as a very bad thing for the industry as such. It is hard to see anyone but domain squatters and "shadowy" persons like that getting a benefit out of it.

Apart from the economical difficulties .xxx will impose, I am very concerned about the freedom of speech aspects, as it would seem very easy to marginalise an entire section of the internet based on the .xxx extension.

I very much hope you will reject the .xxx

Redacted per data subject's request
UK-Flashers.net