ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

Deny .XXX sTLD

  • To: icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Deny .XXX sTLD
  • From: Kurt Kors <kurtkors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 11:02:32 -0400

As an owner of multiple domains that produce and re-sell adult content legally per 18 U.S.C. Section 2257, I do not support the creation of a .XXX sTLD and believe that the ICANN Board was well within its rights to deny ICM's application in the 2007 Board meeting in Lisbon.

We should do our best to keep the Internet free and open, not create an entity for corralling and regulating traffic. Any such effort will do nothing except increase costs for legitimate adult industry businesses such as mine and introduce a level of government interference where it does not belong. For these reasons, I support Option 3 of the March 26, 2010, process options submitted by ICANN for public comment.

Kurt Kors
kurtkors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx