ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[icm-options-report]

xxx TLD

  • To: <icm-options-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: xxx TLD
  • From: Vince Stevenson <vincestevenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 17:43:35 +0100

Hi

I am an adult webmaster and like to think that I operate in a fair and
reasonable manner. My TLD is .com and one may think that adult werbmasters
would welcome a .xxx TLD. However, I have some concerns. Among my concerns, is
that a .xxx TLD could make access by minors to a wide range of adult sites so
much easier. By simply typing in .xxx into a search engine, an inquisitive
minor will be presented with an overflowing platter of adult content...not a
pleasant thought.

It could be argued that entering any number of various keywords, minors can
currently access adult content - however, the .xxx scenario I've described is
far more dangerous.

I would prefer the status quo and have the .xxx TLD proposal dropped.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/