ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[idngtld-petition]

IDN gTLD constituency is a good idea

  • To: <idngtld-petition@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IDN gTLD constituency is a good idea
  • From: "Sergey Sharikov" <s.shar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 21:05:08 +0500

I think the idea of an IDN gTLD constituency is a good one. While there has been interest and discussions of IDN cctlds issues in recent years, there has been far less discussion about IDN gTLDs. One of the reason is there has been no structural unit within GNSO to lead this process. The new GNSO structural improvements via new constituencies is a real necessity. I think people in the Russian community now will have a way to fare discussion the gTLDs side of the IDN issue. We also think this will be good for other communities and languages.

Kind regards,
Sergey Sharikov
Regtime Ltd, Russia