ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[idngtld-petition]

Support for IDN gTLD Constituency

  • To: <idngtld-petition@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Support for IDN gTLD Constituency
  • From: "Alexey Ptashniy" <ptalex@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 15:24:30 +0300

I support this idea.

Decisions, that are made by ICANN are usually made for years and affect
billions of people around the world. Thus all of them should be made
carefully. To achieve this, in case of IDN gTLDs, the best option is to have
IDN community well-represented. And the best  parties who should be involved
are those, who spent years thinking of IDN domains, those who will promote
IDN gTLDs, who will take care of technical issues, who will be leaders in
IDN gTLDs implementation. That's why I totally support  IDN gTLD
Constituency.

Also, I agree with comments posted by Milton L Mueller in "Qualified support
for IDN gTLD Constituency" message.

Thank you,

Alexey Ptashniy