ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[idngtld-petition]

IDN gTLD constituency

  • To: <idngtld-petition@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IDN gTLD constituency
  • From: "Itai Galmor" <Itai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 11:04:47 +0300

I would like to share some thoughts regarding the proposed IDN gTLD
constituency:

As a Jew, an Israeli and a Hebrew-speaking citizen of the world wide web, I'm
happy that finally there will be an organization (as a part of ICANN) that will
be an address to express the needs of our community with all matters related to
IDN gTLDs. In the last years a serious debate took place in all matters related
to IDN ccTLDs in ICANN but unfortunately the true discussion regarding IDN
gTLDs was a bit neglected. To many of us it is obvious that there is a great
importance in implementing the IDNs in the near future and I personally, truly
believe that that before anything else, this implementation will contribute a
lot to the penetration and the true adoption of the Internet within the people
in our community that English is their barrier.

It seems that the suggestion regarding the way the IDNgTLD Constituency will be
established is adequate and demonstrates the fact there is a community of
non-English speakers whose voice was never heard till now in ICANN.

Itai Galmor

VP Marketing,

SkyVision Network Services Limited

Glogal IP Connectivity