ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[idngtld-petition]

Chinese language support in the Internet

  • To: idngtld-petition@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Chinese language support in the Internet
  • From: Edward Tay <edwardtay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:25:32 +0800

Dear Sir

Singapore is proud to be a truly multilingual and multiracial society with
all ethnic groups co-existing in harmony.

I have personally been involved in the IDN initiative for more than 10 years
and can be said to be one of the pioneers in this frontier. I must voice my
dismay at the excuses and obstacles, technical, engineering, commercial but
most of all, dastardly political reasons for blocking the roll-out of IDNs
especially at TLD level.

As a Singaporean Chinese speaker, using the simplified script, I look
forward to the ability to see a .Singapore in chinese characters! I am
appalled at the kind of tactics used by those who have opposed IDNs and IDN
gTLDs. I therefore want to personally endorse the IDN gTLD constituency and
give it my fullest support.

ICANNers, please no more excuses, no more road blocks!
Edward S. Tay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE :

The information contained in this message and any attached document(s) is
intended for the named recipient(s) only.  The information may be
confidential or subject to attorney-client or other professional privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, disclose,
disseminate or otherwise make use of the information.  If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or
destroy any copy of this message.