ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[implementing-ipv4-post]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Comments on phase one: Create the “Recovered IPv4 Pool”

  • To: implementing-ipv4-post@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments on phase one: Create the “Recovered IPv4 Pool”
  • From: Nicolas Antoniello <nantoniello@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 10:41:30 -0200

Dear all,

I'm with the "single registry" option...

What about setting integrated Recovered IPv4 Pool registry with the
addition of the "Returning RIR" label to the whole registry. This provides
all the benefits from the "integrated and single registry" with the
clarification of not misunderstanding the content of the "RIR" label.
Also, in the case of addition of the mentioned label, if setting the
recovered date is necessary (I believe it may be useful) another label
called (for example) "recovered date" should be added to the whole registry
so as not to have duplicated block registries (one for the "recovered" and
one for the "allocated").
In such case, the view of the recovered space is quite easy (just have to
filter for "recovered"), and one also gets the "allocated" data (in the
same query) in case the recovered block was already allocated.

Regards,
Nicolas Antoniello

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>