ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[info-scsld-amendment]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

.info domain names of one character should not be allowed

  • To: info-scsld-amendment@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .info domain names of one character should not be allowed
  • From: JB <box750@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:36:03 +0100

I think it would be wrong to allow one character domain names, .info or
or any other TLD.

Single character domains confuse people and there are no meaningful words of
one character.

I oppose it because they only valid reason for .info to allow one character
seems to be money (extra registrations) and not service to the public.

Two characters is about fine, but a single character I think is far too low of what a domain
name should be. Something meaningful and not misleading.

Regards

Jordi

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>