ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[irt-final-report]

I do NOT support the "Uniform Rapid Suspension System".

  • To: <irt-final-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I do NOT support the "Uniform Rapid Suspension System".
  • From: "Reusable Eco Nappies" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:58:23 +0100

Hello,

Some sources on the internet are currently putting up reports about a new
site suspension system which would mean rapid suspension of a site following
complaint by another party. If true then this system could almost be
described as an anathema to free competition, I am all for regulation of the
net in so far as it does not allow 1 individual to simply steal another's
ideas and hard work but to do this before claims and counter claims are
checked is a process which is too far heavily weighted in terms of first
come first served. Please reconsider enacting this proposal as it would but
a large block on the number of free enterprises starting up which would
surely further weaken the economies of many countries by funnelling finances
into ever decreasing hands. In this world we need diversity, not just
culturally but also financially to ensure that if one bad investment is made
it does not taint all the others, please help promote this idea by
rescinding the proposal and continuing with the current system.

Thank you for your time.

Kieron Lomax