ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

[jig] DRAFT2 of Initial Report on Single Character IDN TLDs

  • To: <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [jig] DRAFT2 of Initial Report on Single Character IDN TLDs
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:25:11 +0800

Hi Everyone,

Please find attached a redlined version of the revised DRAFT2 of the Initial
Report on Single Character IDN TLDs as per our discussions during our
conference call earlier in the week.

The main changes include:
- addition of 2 identified issues:
        5. What should be the policy for distinguishing between a Single
Character IDN ccTLD and a Single Character IDN gTLD
        6. Weather special policies are required to address usability of Single
Character IDN TLDs given existing application environments
- restructuring the document to show considerations for IDN ccTLDs vs. IDN gTLDs
        - the different considerations are now incorporated into the table as
different columns

Have also added in the comments about some of the items as discussed during the
call.

Looking forward to feedback and our next call on July 20.

Edmon