ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

[jig] draft of initial report on Single Character IDN TLD for public comments

  • To: <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [jig] draft of initial report on Single Character IDN TLD for public comments
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 17:29:19 +0800

Hi Everyone,

As mentioned in my earlier email, please find attached a first draft of an
Initial Report on the subject of Single Character IDN TLDs.

The intent of this Initial Report is to layout the subject matter and to
solicit input from the community through a public comment period.

As a very brief summary, the report has basically 3 parts:

1. Background and related works to date
2. Policy issues to be addressed
3. Preliminary viewpoints on addressing the policies

2 and 3 are based on the discussions we had in our previous meeting, especially
during the face-to-face meeting in Brussels.

Looking forward to further discussion at our conference call next week (July
6)... and of course feel free to further the discussion on this list too.

Edmon