ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

[jig] JIG Target Timeline / Workplan

  • To: "'JIG'" <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [jig] JIG Target Timeline / Workplan
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 22:11:52 +0800

Hi Everyone,

In our meetings here in Singapore, the ccNSO has asked for a more detailed
work plan and timeline for us to complete the 2 other identified issues of
common interest:

2. IDN Variant TLDs
3. Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs

Jian and I chatted further and have prepared a rough project plan/timeline.

Please take a look below, including a time based conceptual work plan, as
well as the meeting dates going forward.

Comments/thoughts much welcome.
We will discuss this further in our upcoming bi-weekly conference call next
Tuesday July 5th as well.

Edmon

==========================

General/Conceptual Target Timeline:
- 2011 Jul/Aug: Stocktaking & Development Initial Report for #3 (Public
comments Sep 2011)
- 2011 Sep/Oct: Completion of Initial Report for #2 (Public comments Nov
2011)
- 2011 Nov/Dec: Completion of Draft Final Report for #2 (Public comments
Feb/Mar 2012)
- 2012 Jan/Feb: Completion of Draft Final Report for #3 (Public comments
Feb/Mar 2012)
- 2012 Mar: Finalization of Final Report for #2
- 2012 Apr: Finalization of Final Report for #3
- 2012 May-Oct: Implementation Follow up

Detailed Target Timeline:

#2: IDN Variant TLDs
- Harmonizing with work at IDN VIP
- Initial report out for public comments (After the 2012 Oct 23-28 Dakar
meeting)
- Draft Final report out for public comments (After the 2012 Jan 3 meeting)
- Public session in LAC ICANN meetings (2012 Mar 11-16)
- Finalization for council consideration (After 2012 Mar 27 meeting)
- Implementation follow up upon approval by councils

#3: Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs
- Initial report out for public comments (After 2011 Sep 13 meeting)
- Public session in Dakar (2011 Oct 23-28)
- Draft Final report out for public comments (After 2012 Jan 31 meeting)
- Finalization for council consideration (After 2012 May 8 meeting)
- Implementation follow up upon approval by councils

Upcoming Meeting dates:
- Continue bi-weekly conference calls and face-to-face meeting at ICANN
meetings
- Switch to monthly conference calls after Final Reports targeted to be
completed
- Continue conference call meetings at Tuesday 12:00 UTC
2011 Jul 5
2011 Jul 19
2011 Aug 2
2011 Aug 16