ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

RE: [jig] JIG Target Timeline / Workplan

  • To: "'JIG'" <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [jig] JIG Target Timeline / Workplan
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 21:39:46 +0800

Hi Everyone,

Hearing no objection from the list and further confirming this plan in our
conference call today, we will move forward in this general direction and
also report back to the respective councils to have the work of the JIG
extended formally.

Of course as we move forward, timelines could change dependant on many other
issues.  We may go back to the councils at that time to revise our schedule.
But in general, the concept is to propose to complete all 3 reports on the
identified issues of common interest and also to leave some time to follow
up with staff on implementation before wrapping this group up in ICANN
Toronto (end of 2012).

Avri has volunteered to help draft a proposed motion for the GNSO Council to
extend the JIG and will circulate for consideration by this group in time
for it to be finalized by July 13 to be included in the next GNSO Council
meeting (on July 21).

Edmon