ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

Re: [jig] Friendly reminder: comments from WG members on Draft Summary and Analysis public comments Universal Acceptnace

  • To: jig <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [jig] Friendly reminder: comments from WG members on Draft Summary and Analysis public comments Universal Acceptnace
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 07:42:00 -0400

On 1 May 2012, at 10:04, Bart Boswinkel wrote:

> Dear all,
> Friendly reminder: To date I have received comments from Fahd. If you have
> any commen,t please sent them to the list over the next week. I will then
> consolidate them in the next version of the document which will be send to
> the group for discussion and adoption. The Summary and Analysis will have to
> be posted to close the public comment forum for the Initial Report on
> Universal Acceptance.
> Thanks you and kind regards,
> Bart
> <Draft summary and analysis of comments JIG Interim Universal Acceptance.doc>

Apologies for the late review.

In addition to some typo issues that I noted in a copy of the doc I am sending
to Bart, I do have one issue.

"
At the same time, the RySG cautioned against the possible time it may take to
just answering all the questions raised ( and implicitly, the resources needed
to resolve the issues) to ensure universal acceptance of IDN TLD’s.[
"

This must have been discussed at a meeting I skipped. Apologies for that.

I understood the RySG comment to be asking for clarification on the rseponse we
really wanted from them.  And an inidication that it may take a lot of time for
them to provide the answers we might have been asking for.

They ask for clarification.

"
After reviewing the report, the RySG is not clear regarding the extent of input
being solicited.
"

Did we do that?  Again, I have been distracted, missed a few meetings (without
catching up on the recordings - mea culpa ...) and don't recall.

thanks

avri