ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[jig]

[jig] Resource sharing

  • To: "'jig'" <jig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [jig] Resource sharing
  • From: "Dillon, Chris" <c.dillon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:42:10 +0000

Dear colleagues,

This is an attempt to flesh out the “draw on and consolidate the experience
from earlier launches of TLDs - to assist new TLD operators” part of 4.C. in
draft 0.3 of JIG final report on universal acceptance of IDN TLDs.

During the JIG call on Tuesday 19 Feb. I suggested that a wiki could be used to
store links to and copies of documents produced for earlier launches etc.
- What would be the scope of the resource (as regards exact subject matter and
audience)?
-- Only registries, or do we want to consider other audiences?

-- How would we go about creating an archive of what already exists?
-- Does JIG already have an area on the Confluence wiki at
http://community.icann.org ?
--- Would this wiki be a suitable location for such materials?
- What is the best way of keeping such a resource as up-to-date as possible?
- How would we publicise such a resource?
All of these could be new activities for JIG members.

I would be willing to be a coordinator of such a site.

Note that in draft 0.3 of the report, terms such as “checklist” and
“guidelines” are used. As Avri pointed out during the call, these are probably
best avoided in the case of documentation not produced by ICANN. In fact a
disclaimer would be required to indicate that the examples are made available
in one place to speed up the production of materials by new-comer
organisations, but are provided as is. Links to official ICANN documentation
would also be provided and it is to be hoped that the examples would be of use
to ICANN staff during its creation.

Regards,

Chris.
--
Research Associate in Linguistic Computing, Dept of Information Studies, UCL,
Gower St, London WC1E 6BT Tel +44 20 7679 1599 (int 31599)