ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ncsg-charter]

Proposed Permanent Charter of GNSO Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group

  • To: <ncsg-charter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Proposed Permanent Charter of GNSO Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group
  • From: Roberto Gaetano <roberto_gaetano@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 22:03:49 +0200

Just one quick comment on a good document.
wrt 4.x, voting procedures, in particular 4.3 & 4.4, I think that the mechanism
of having multiple votes combined with the obligation of assigning these
multiple voteas to a single candidate would be much clearer if we say that
"individuals", "samll orga" and "large orga" have voting weight of 1, 2 and 4
respectively.
I have not participated to the detailed discussion on the subject, and
therefore I do not know if there is a specific reason to avoid "weighted
voting", but if this is not the case, I would find the charter much clearer if
we use a weight rather than a multiple vote with constraints.
Cheers,
RG