ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

.net regulations

  • To: net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .net regulations
  • From: Ross Quade <rossquade@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 15:29:38 -0500

I completely disagree with the URS and .net.

**It’s fundamentally unfair to impose URS on .NET registrants. Individuals
who wish to acquire future domains under new gTLDs would be notified in
advance that they will be subject to URS. However, .NET domains have already
been acquired, often at considerable expense. I myself *have spent over
200,000 US dollars on acquiring generic .net domain names*, with the
understanding that registration and use would only be subject to possible
UDRP review.

This is completely unsatisfactory what this proposal will do and I would
like to voice my opposition.

Regards,

Ross Quade
4707 Laura Lane