ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-agreement-renewal]

I am writing to suggest you reject the recommendations of the Intellectual Property Constituency.

  • To: net-agreement-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I am writing to suggest you reject the recommendations of the Intellectual Property Constituency.
  • From: Mathew Davis <mathew.john.davis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:09:34 +1000

I am writing to suggest you reject the recommendations of the Intellectual
Property Constituency.

1. DOMAIN SEIZURES ARE DISPROPORTIONATE AND DO NOT WORK

2. PRIVATE DOMAIN REGISTRATION IS ESSENTIAL TO PROTECT THE PRIVACY INDIVIDUALS

The extrajudicial processes suggested are an awkward attempt to shape the world
to the business model of the Intellectual Property Constituency's members at
the expense of all other participant in the economy. The experience of the last
few years has shown these powers will not be used appropriately or effectively,
and will cause great inconvenience to other domain holders without achieving
any substantial gains to the Intellectual Property Constituency's members.

Mathew Davis