ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-rfp-denic]

Serious Conflict of Interest

  • To: <net-rfp-denic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Serious Conflict of Interest
  • From: "Harpinder Athwal" <hathwal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:04:41 -0500

I am not sure what to think of the new agreement announced between DENIC and
Tucows. It has debilitating implications for other registrars if DENIC is
awarded the .net contract. Will other registrars be discriminated against in
terms of pricing? Are we to believe that Tucows will really pay the same
price as other registrars to sell .net names? How does equivalent access
work?

To make such an announcement so close to the end of the comment period gives
the public and ICANN little time to consider the implications for the
internet community and other registrars who have built their business
knowing they will have equal access to the same resources.

Harpinder

Harpinder Athwal

Director, Strategic Planning & Communications

Citizens for Global Solutions

418 Seventh Street, S.E.

Washington, DC 20003

202 546 3950 ext 112