ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-rfp-general]

.net DNS bidding process

  • To: <net-rfp-general@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .net DNS bidding process
  • From: "Andrew Brust" <Andrew.Brust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:13:58 -0500

To whom it may concern

As a member of the tech community, I wanted to express my concern about
the .net bidding process and ask a few questions about how the bids will
be evaluated.

My company relies on the DNS infrastructure to host our corporate site,
a forthcoming web log, and for application hosting services to our
clients. We depend on the quick and accurate lookups that make the
current internet a reality.

As a seller and buyer of tech services, we are often required to develop
a list of tasks and requirements.  In your efforts to choose the right
vendor, for .net, I hope you would ask the following questions.

- Is there going to be paid third party auditor to ensure compliance
with ICANN policies?

- What is the vendor's current track record for implementing all ICANN
policies?

- Has the applicant successfully implemented the Inter-Registrar
Transfer Policy?

Third party audits and oversight will be key to whatever vendor ICANN
chooses.  I hope that the costs of those audits are figured into the
final bid, and that ICANN's policies are followed and confirmed.

Andrew J. Brust
Chief, New Technology

Citigate Hudson <http://www.citigatehudson.com>
212-840-0008

Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
Business Intelligence Solutions

Microsoft Regional Director <http://www.microsoft.com/rd>  for New York
and New Jersey

Co-Moderator, NYC .NET Developers Group <http://www.nycdotnetdev.com/>
Contributing Editor, Visual Studio Magazine
<http://www.fawcette.com/vsm>
Microsoft MVP <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/> , Visual Basic
Speaker, INETA (International .NET Association) <http://www.ineta.org/>
Vice Chairman, New York Software Industry Association (NYSIA)
<http://www.nysia.org/>

<http://www.microsoft.com/devdays2004>