ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-rfp-general]

.NET gTLD

  • To: <net-rfp-general@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .NET gTLD
  • From: "Mike Sax" <mike@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:08:09 -0500

I am writing you because I'm concerned about the upcoming bid for
control over the .net gTLD and related services.  My company does
business in more than a dozen companies, in as many or more foreign
languages, a number that will only go up in the future.  ICANN should
ensure that any bidder can handle both new language requirements and the
enormous growth in lookups that will occur as new international users
are added.

This means that registrars should:

1)  Be able to support customers in all the major language currently in
use (150 or so?)

2)  Provide a smooth, inexpensive migration plan for EPP, and continue
to support RRP for those who don't wish to migrate.

3)  Support hundreds of new registrars, a number that will inevitably
grow as new nations come online

4)  Provide a global operation with at least ten or more locations all
over the world.

Thank you for taking the time to take my comments into consideration.

Best regards,

Mike Sax,

President, Sax Software Corp.

(541) 344-2235