ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[net-rfp-verisign]

Comments on Verisign

  • To: <net-rfp-verisign@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments on Verisign
  • From: "Brenda Barteck" <bbarteck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:32:42 -0500

As the challenges being faced by entities managing the gTLDs continue to
rise, VeriSign has proven their ability to manage .net successfully.
The need for .net to stay in the hands of a company with the resources
and stability to continue its growth and security cannot be overstated.

Over a third of all email depends on .net and over 14 BILLON
transactions occur every month.  Can we really risk having a company or
a group without the necessary financial and technological resources
managing such a vital part of the Internet?

I hope ICANN will take into account VeriSign's genuine record of
accomplishment in managing .net as they evaluate all the proposals.  We
have been fortunate enough to have a company that has been successful in
running .net.  Changing that based on politics or simply for a
self-imposed need for variety would be a huge error in judgment

Brenda Barteck, CPA

Vice President - Finance

Avports

401 E. Pratt Street, Ste 1344