ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[new-gtlds-dns-stability]

DNS -new gTLD's

  • To: <new-gtlds-dns-stability@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: DNS -new gTLD's
  • From: "Web Mail" <allfury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:54:47 -0800

Ok I AM having my coffee here [was] BUT it's now sprayed all over my
display.

This is the biggest joke and probably the stupidest idea I have heard in
a while.

I sure as hell hope most of you are working Pro Bono.

"GNSO points out that browsers would need to be able to identify the
difference between a domain ending in, for example, .pdf and a link to a
file that has the extension of .pdf, but says that this would need to be
a function of the application and not the DNS system."

Ah more brilliant logic!

Please abandon this as soon as possible. I wonder though ...this seems
like something that would only spawn from the mind of European engineers
who have always been [n] hops behind their own packets ...?!!!

THIS IS FUCKIN PURE INSANITY AND BEING AN EXPERIENCED ADMIN I CAN TELL
YOU FOR A FACT THIS HAS TOO MANY NEGATIVES TO EVEN BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.
REMEMBER OH YEE COLLECTIVE, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO CONVINCE PEOPLE WHO DO
REAL IMPLEMENTATIONS THIS IS LOGICAL, LET ALONE, EVEN REMOTELY FEASIBLE.

THANKS A LOT, YOUR EVER HUMBLE NETWORK WARRIOR.