ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[new-gtlds-pdp-comments]

Re: [ga] Re: Auctions

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ICANN new-gtlds <new-gtlds-pdp-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Auctions
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:14:52 -0800

Karl and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

Good distinction here Karl.  Danny seemingly missed the point as did
Richard Sheapard.

None the less however, the auction model whether of "Slots" or
names is irrelevant as far as that model is concerned as to the
free market doctrine of trade and development of same. Auctions
of this nature, for either "Slots" or "TLD strings/names" is a aberration
of the free market philosophy that has the same implications of
concentrating too much control in too few hands.  Such therefore
abrogates free enterprise to that extent, and is in our members
opinion, not economically or socially sustainable or desirable
over the mid or long term.

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827